NCWA Southeast Conference Qualifier Announced
NCWA Southeast Conference Championships
Darton College, Albany, GA
March, 1 2008
Hosted at Darton College, 2400 Gillionville Rd, Albany, GA.
Auburn University University of South Florida
Jacksonville State University University of West Florida
Marion Military Institute Augusta State University
University of Alabama Darton College
University of Alabama/Birmingham East Georgia College
Florida A&M University Georgia College and State University
Florida Atlantic University Georgia Southern University
Florida Gulf Coast University Georgia State University
Florida State University
Florida Institute of Technology Georgia Tech
Santa Fe Community College Gordon College
University of Central Florida Kennesaw State University
Florida University Mercer University
University of North Florida University of Georgia
2400 Gillionville RD
Albany, GA 31707
All participants must be registered students meeting the academic requirements of their institution and meeting the eligibility standards required by the NCWA regulations (See NCWA 2007-08 Wrestling Plan, pp. 14-16). In order to be eligible to compete in the Conference Championships, a wrestler must have competed in a minimum of two (2) collegiate wrestling events. REGISTRAR is to verify the GPA and credit hrs for each wrestler
All wrestlers and schools must have completed and sent in all forms to the conference tournament. All wrestlers must be cleared by the NCWA prior to the tournament. THERE WILL BE NO ON SITE REGISTRATIONS OF WRESTLERS OR SCHOOLS AT THIS TOURNAMENT. Everything must be done prior Thursday, February 15, 2008.
Each coach must have his completed Wrestler Eligibility Forms with him at the coaches meeting on February 29th, 2008, to verify eligibility and health insurance coverage. All Wrestler Eligibility Forms must be signed by institutional representative certifying that the wrestler meets institutional academic requirements. Failure to provide administrative verification will disqualify a wrestler from participation in the Conference event.
\$25 per wrestler or \$275.00 with \$5 per additional wrestler. Make all checks payable to Darton College Wrestling. Each team may enter an unlimited amount of wrestlers per weight class. Only two wrestlers per school may qualify at a given weight class.
Will be held on Friday, February 29, at 7:30 at Darton College, 2400 Gillionville Rd, Albany, GA.
A certified trainer will be provided by Darton College. Teams must bring their own supplies (tape, pre-wrap, etc.).
Changing should be done in the locker room. Showers are available in the locker rooms. Teams will be assigned locker rooms upon arrival. Darton College will not responsible for team and personal belongings.
Available in gym area.
There will be a hospitality room for coaches, staff, and table workers only. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
RULES FOR TOURNAMENT
NCAA rules will apply with NCWA modifications in italics:
1. Weight classes: 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, 165, 174, 184, 197, 235, 285
2. Bout Length: Championship brackets: 3-2-2
Consolation brackets: 2-2-2
Medal rounds: 3-2-2
3. Team Scoring: Each team may enter an unlimited number of wrestlers per weight class. You must designate your team scorer prior to or during the seeding meeting. Only two wrestlers per school may qualify at a given weight class. Double elimination format will be used and 8 places tournament team scoring will be in effect.
4. Weigh-in procedures for the Conference Championships will follow standard NCAA rules. All competitors must report at the posted time for weigh-ins or forfeit their opportunity to compete.
5. Wrestlers that are not planning to participate in the Nationals please notify tournament officials asap.
Friday, February 29th, 2008 – Darton College
6:00-9:00pm Open Mats
7:00 pm SEC Meeting
7:30pm Coaches/Seeding Meeting
Saturday, March 1st, 2008 - Darton College
6:30 am Scales will be available for weight check
8:00 am Weigh-ins. Wrestler Eligibility Forms will be required.
9:00 am Coaches Meeting
10:00 am Wrestling begins on 4 mats
***Immediately following finals, there will be another Coaches Meeting
Wrestling will be continuous by rounds. This is a tentative time schedule. If the tournament moves more quickly than anticipated, the rounds will be wrestled earlier than scheduled and vice versa.
SEEDING AND BRACKETING
1. The 2008 NCWA Conference Championship Official Entry Form MUST be submitted by Tuesday, February 26th at 4:00 pm (available on NCWA web site). Fax: 229-317-6632 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The seeding meeting will seed and complete brackets according to the following criteria:
a. Head-to-Head competition
b. Returning All-American – same weight class
c. Prior All-American – any weight class or year
d. NCWA Point system
e. Season wins at same weight class
f. 2005-2006 Conference performance
3. Final verification of entries is due Thursday, February 28 at 5:00 pm.
4. Final seeding and bracketing adjustments will be made Friday evening by the Seeding Committee based on any changes in final verification of entries.
5. SEEDING COMMITTEE: Will be handled in the seeding meeting on Friday night. Committee will consist of the coaches present at the meeting.
6. TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE: Any problems, issues, rules, questions, etc. can be addressed by the following members: Josh Watts (Darton) Kevin Andres (Mercer), Johnny Rouse (Conference Chairman), Head Official.
1. Awards will be given to:
a. Individuals (1st-4th place)
b. Team (1st-3rd)
c. Outstanding Wrestler
d. Conference Coach of the Year
2. All award winners should remain in uniform for awards ceremony and pictures
3. The awards ceremony for each weight will be after the conclusion of the previous weight class.
For those wrestlers that qualify for the NCWA National Tournament, information will be due at the concluding Coaches Meeting. Money will be collected for the entry fees at the point. Please bring either cash or check for your wrestlers who earn bids to National Tournament.
Holiday Inn- 229-883-8100
Jameson Inn- 229-435-3737
Josh Watts 229-317-6594 (home)
Head Coach, Darton College 563-320-4099 (cell)